Nikon D4 – Camera Review
Nikon has once again upped their game in terms of digital D-SLR cameras with the Nikon D4. Personally I was a huge fan of the Nikon D800 but recently I got a loan of this wonderful camera off a friend and I think it is the best camera I have ever used. This camera has the ideal balance between resolution, sensor size, ISO Range and image processing. It is perfect for professional photographers and it really helped me capture wonderful images for an Irish Photo Album company.
This camera has 16.6 million available pixels and this is a huge amount for any freelance photographer. This allows you as the photographer to take high quality photos that will not only look superb but also be approved by the client. This camera is a great camera for taking wonderful stills for clients and when I display them on my MacBook retina display the colours are amazing. By using this camera opposed to any other it has vastly improved the quality of my work.
The Nikon D4 has a really good shutter speed of 1/8000 to 30 seconds. It uses an electronically controlled focal plane to achieve these high speeds which allow you to take high quality photos faster.
- Continuous low-speed; 1-10 frames per second
- Continuous High-speed; 10 frames per second
- Quiet Shutter Release
- 5:4 Format
- Self-timer mode
- Mirror-up Mode
- Single frame mode
One thing I like about Nikon cameras in general is the control you have over your photos and how easy it is to change between the controls. Here are the photo control settings that the Nikon D4 offers:
- User Customised
This is another great feature of the Nikon D4 as it really makes all the difference in my day-to-day job. This viewfinder is an Eye-Level Pentaprism single lens reflex viewfinder, which allows you to have more control over your photographs. Its magnification is 0.70x and its eye point is 18mm. The View Finder Frame Coverage is:
- DX (24×16)
- FX (36×24)
- 1.2X (30×20)
- 5:4 (30×24)
A great feature that most cameras have these days comes in terms of storage devices. Now instead of just SD Cards you can store on the following devices:
- Compact Flash Drive
All Nikon Cameras are good however this D4 D-SLR is a great camera and can really add a lot for any budding freelance photographers. This camera allows you to take high quality professional photographs, which is exactly what your clients want from you. If you were on the fence about buying a camera I would recommend this as it is one of the best I have ever uses and it allow you to be in control of every still you take.
This post was contributed by a guest blogger.
- How to Buy a Digital Camera: Myths, Facts and What is Right for You When we think about digital cameras, many of us automatically...
- New Compact Digital Camera for Panasonic Panasonic Canada Inc. just announced the launch of its newest...
- An accessory that transforms your camera in a real photographer! Sony just announced the September launch of a new accessory ...
- Great Gift Idea – Canon EOS 1000D Digital Camera This weekend was my boyfriend’s 32nd birthday and I apparently...
- Quick Overview of How to Buy a Camera Lens More and more consumers are choosing DSLR style digital cameras...